Polar Star Travel’s Day programs & Tours
Feel free, feel strong, explore Arctic fells, be part of wild Arctic nature. Ride in the snow and listen to the sound of your dog team pulling your sled. Feel fresh air on your skin and admire the frozen beauty of the pale blue light of the sun that stays below the horizon.
We call it an Adventure. The real Arctic one in which you play the leading role. Choose your style. Is it a husky dog team, a snowmobile or snow shoes? Or maybe you want to try ice karting or test your driving skills in a real rally car. Or maybe you wish to experience the northern lights extravaganza in Europe’s last wilderness? It is up to you to choose the activities for your once-in-the-lifetime adventure.
- Husky Adventure 6km Start your arctic experience with huskies! Programme suitable for families with children.
- Husky Adventure 8km A little bit longer safari for those who want to spend even more time with joyful huskies.
- Husky Adventure 15km Program for all those who like adventures!
- Husky night safari 10km Hunting for Northern lights is on!
- Real adventure Husky 25-35km Are you ready to escape from your usual routine to a wonderful and full of surprises journey with huskies? On request.
- 2 days tour with husky teams For real explorers! On request.
Reindeer, sympathetic arctic animals
- Icebreaker cruise Contact us directly! Extraordinary experience! Imagine a white frozen sea that never storms. Sea waters are covered in solid, dramatic white ice, endless, as far as the eye can see. Listen to the sound of crackling ice, crushed blocks rise from the hull, dark water splashes out. During 3 h cruise you will have a tour all way down to the engine rooms and all way up to Captain’s bridge. You can relax in the cozy saloon, enjoying warm juice, or go for a walk on the frozen sea. The icebreaker makes a pool free of ice and every visitor can take the coolest swim in the lifetime using a floatation survival suit. The captain will present Cruise and Swim Certificates to everyone as a memorable gift. Includes: transfers to/from Axelsvik, icebreaker cruise, professional guide, BBQ lunch, certificate Duration: 11 hours